Aware of the concerns regarding the way we handle your Personal Data, at CHÈRE-CHÈRE we recognise the importance of protecting your privacy.
We want our Clients to be aware of the general privacy rules and the terms and conditions for processing the data we collect, strictly observing and complying with the applicable law in this area, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 ("General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR"), Law 67/98 - Personal Data Protection Law, which transposes into Portuguese law Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, in everything that does not conflict with the GDPR and until a new law must be applied, and also the guidelines issued by the Portuguese Data Protection Authority ("CNPD").
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, personal data ("Personal Data") is defined as any information of any nature, regardless of its medium, including sound and image, concerning an identified or identifiable natural person ("Data Subject" or "Subjects"). An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or other factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
What Personal Data is collected and processed
By using our website, when getting in touch or requesting information about CHÈRE-CHÈRE or as a result of any contact you have with any of our staff or customers, we may collect the following Personal Data:
- Personal Contact Information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone numbers, occupational category;
- Financial Information, such as tax identification number or payment methods;
- Technical Information, such as data about your visits to our website or in relation to materials and communications sent by CHÈRE-CHÈRE electronically;
- Data you provide to us for scheduling meetings or attending events, including accessibility restrictions;
- Browser information, the pages you have accessed, date of access, location at the time of access, as well as the IP address
- Any other data you provide to us.
Additionally, Personal Data about your preferences or interests may be processed when you browse our Website. This Personal Data will only be used for customising the products offered, as well as the commercial communications that we may send, in accordance with the below.
How we collect your Personal Data
CHÈRE-CHÈRE collects and processes your Personal Data in various ways, including through the use of our website and services, specifically:
- With respect to purchasing a CHÈRE-CHÈRE product;
- Through our IT tools and applications, including our website and electronic communications sent to CHÈRE-CHÈRE;
- When you provide them to us, or interact directly with us, for example when contacting our employees;
- Through other means and sources, such as using means that provide information publicly to keep your Personal Data up to date.
How we use your Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data to, specifically, offer you a better online experience and provide you with the highest quality customer service. In particular, we collect, process, retain and share your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To maintain the relationship with Data Subjects;
- To provide information that you request;
- To authenticate the identity of persons contacting CHÈRE-CHÈRE by telephone, electronic means or other forms of communication;
- To understand and evaluate the interests, preferences and changing needs of our Customers and our current products and services, and/or to develop new products and services;
- To provide and improve our website, including by auditing and monitoring its use;
- For internal training and quality control;
- To conduct opinion polls and market studies;
- In the fulfilment of our legal obligations.
In addition, where you have given us your consent by ticking the relevant box on our website, we may also process your Personal Data for commercial purposes, such as:
- Without prejudice to the last paragraph of this Section, for promoting our services and products by sending news and publications, newsletters and details on institutional events.
- To offer and provide information or publicity on social networks or third-party websites where you have registered, provided that you are the Subject of the same and in accordance with the legal conditions and privacy policies that you have accepted at any time, as well as with the privacy settings that you may have selected on these social networks or third-party websites. To this end, we may communicate your Personal Data to third parties, including your interests and preferences, for the purpose of providing appropriate advertising.
Based on the consent requested in the previous point, it will be easier to ensure that commercial information displayed to you precisely matches what you are looking for.
You should note that, even if you do not provide us with such consent, you may find commercial information from CHÈRE-CHÈRE on social networks or third-party websites that results from the purchase of advertising space on such platforms, in accordance with their rules of use, without this implying access to your Personal Data by CHÈRE-CHÈRE.
If you are already our customer, CHÈRE-CHÈRE may use your Personal Data for direct marketing communications relating to its own products or services that are similar to those purchased. You may, however, refuse us permission to do this if you click on the box below, which reads: [ ] I do not wish to receive promotional communications from CHÈRE-CHÈRE may also stop such communications from being sent by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of all communications you receive in this regard.
Use of the CHÈRE-CHÈRE website
Several features on our website invite you to submit your Personal Data. The purpose of these functionalities is as displayed on the page and once you provide your Personal Data, they will only be used for the purpose for which they were submitted.
Marketing and other emails
We collect and process your Personal Data so that we can contact you to provide you with information about the products we sell and the activities in which we participate, via newsletters and other communications.
Newsletters are aimed at disseminating new products, news and information on theCHÈRE-CHÈRE brand’s initiatives, although other newsletters of a more specific nature may be produced. The newsletters are optional, free of charge and last for as long as the subscriber wishes. Access to the website is in no way conditional upon newsletter subscription or the processing of Personal Data.
When each newsletter is sent, metrics are collected to identify which subscribers opened and clicked on each link that may be contained in the message they received. )
We collect and process your Personal Data, either when you contact us directly or participate in an event that CHÈRE-CHÈRE organises or co-organises. We will only process special categories of Personal Data such as possible accessibility restrictions, so that we can meet your needs and comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
Contact Requests / Requests for Clarification
Anyone interested in obtaining information or enquiring about CHÈRE-CHÈRE, our services or products may share Personal Data, either through the website, via telephone contact, or via email. This Personal Data will be used exclusively for the intended processes.
The grounds for processing your Personal Data
CHÈRE-CHÈRE processes your Personal Data on the following bases:
- With your specific consent;
- In the steps preceding the formation of contracts or the declaration of intent, and in the performance of contractual obligations;
- To meet regulatory and legal obligations;
- Where processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of CHÈRE-CHÈRE;
- For legitimate business purposes.
How long we keep your Personal Data
CHÈRE-CHÈRE processes and retains your Personal Data in line with the purposes for which it is processed, taking reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are kept accurate and up to date for the intended purposes.
There are cases where the law requires Personal Data to be processed and retained for a minimum period of time, specifically for 10 years in the case of data necessary for informing the Tax Authorities for accounting or tax purposes and data relating to bookkeeping, and 7 years for the purpose of combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
On the other hand, whenever there is no specific legal obligation, the Personal Data will only be processed for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected and stored, and always in accordance with the law, guidelines and decisions made by the Portuguese Data Protection Authority (CNPD).
As part of contractual relationships, CHÈRE-CHÈRE will process your Personal Data for as long as it has a contractual relationship with you and may retain such Personal Data or others for periods longer than the duration of the contractual relationship, either based on your consent, or to ensure contractual rights or obligations, or because it has legitimate interests that justify it, but always for the period strictly necessary to achieve the respective purposes. Regarding the video surveillance of its premises, CHÈRE-CHÈRE will only keep the image recordings and respective Personal Data for a maximum period of 30 days.
With whom we share your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties and our subcontractors, including:
- Our professional auditors;
- Suppliers with whom CHÈRE-CHÈRE contracts certain support services, such as word processing, translations, copies, revisions of documents;
- IT services providers;
- Marketing services providers;
- Entities involved in organising or co-hosting events or seminars.
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, Personal Data may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts and official bodies. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you before such sharing, unless we are legally prevented from doing so.
We may also share your Personal Data with companies within the cCHÈRE-CHÈRE or other entities, ensuring that we only do so with entities that protect your Personal Data and comply with privacy standards in the same or a similar way to CHÈRE-CHÈRE. Personal Data will also be communicated to this entity in order to optimise the CHÈRE-CHÈRE services and for the legitimate interests of the entities that comprise it.
In addition, and as previously indicated, we may communicate your Personal Data to third-party websites or social media to facilitate your use of our platforms, as well as to provide you with information from CHÈRE-CHÈRE that may be of interest to you. At no time will we enter information obtained through these third parties onto our database without the consent of the Data Subject.
How we protect your Personal Data
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your Personal Data against destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorised disclosure and access.
These measures include, for example, the implementation of access controls, the use of firewalls and secure servers, and information encryption.
Personal Data collected through the CHÈRE-CHÈRE website is communicated via the Internet through a secure SSL protocol. This type of communication is not tamper-proof, but it currently corresponds to good market practice. In addition, Personal Data is stored in databases managed by CHÈRE-CHÈRE in encrypted form and periodic backups of the data are made in order to minimise the likelihood of information being lost in the event of storage system failure.
Should a breach of security systems occur that demonstrably results in unauthorised access by third parties to your Personal Data, in addition to the other regulatory obligations we will fulfil, we will inform you by email.
The countries to which we transfer your Personal Data
It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside Portugal
As such, CHÈRE-CHÈRE may need to transfer your Personal Data to a third country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and not on the list of countries which the European Commission has already deemed as meeting adequate standards of Personal Data protection. In such cases, CHÈRE-CHÈRE will ensure that transfers of Personal Data are carried out in strict compliance with applicable legal standards and that they observe certain guarantees, namely:
1. Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. These standard clauses provide sufficient guarantees that the suitability and security requirements established by the GDPR are met; or,
2. Certifications showing that third parties located outside the EEA process Personal Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. These certifications are approved by both the European Commission and a competent supervisory authority, or by a national accreditation body empowered to do so, as provided in the GDPR.
In accordance with applicable law, you have the following rights with regard to the processing of your Personal Data:
1. Right of access to and rectification of Personal Data
The data subject has the right to confirm whether or not the Personal Data are processed and, where appropriate, the right to access their Personal Data and information about the purpose of processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, the recipients of the Personal Data and the envisaged storage period, as well as the right to correct or update said data at any time.
2. Right to Personal Data portability
The Data Subject has the right to Personal Data portability. This means that Personal Data may be transferred, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies when Personal Data processing is based on consent; or processing takes place to execute a contract and by automated means.
3. Right to erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”)
The Data Subject has the right to request that their Personal Data be deleted without undue delay when, in particular, the Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes behind its collection or processing; when they withdraw the consent previously provided for processing, and there is no legal basis for processing; when they object to the processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and in the other cases provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Whenever Personal Data is not necessary for any purpose or there is no legal provision requiring its retention, we will endeavour to permanently delete or anonymise it.
4.Right to restriction of processing
The Data Subject will have the right to restrict the processing of their Personal Data if, in particular, they consider that the Personal Data collected are inaccurate, that the Personal Data are not being processed in accordance with the applicable law, in which case and instead of deleting the Personal Data, they may choose to request that the processing be restricted, in court proceedings and in the other cases provided for by applicable law.
5. Right to Object
The Data Subject has the right to object to the processing of their Personal Data at any time. With regard to Personal Data processing for the purposes of direct marketing or other forms of promotion, Data Subjects may object at any time, without providing any justification for doing so.
6. Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making.
The Data Subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of their Personal Data, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
In view of the above, you may request, at any time, access to your Personal Data, as well as their rectification, deletion, the restriction of their processing, and their portability. You may also object to their processing (with the exception of Personal Data strictly necessary for the provision of services), by written request, via email, to email@example.com, including the reference "Privacy", or alternatively by sending a registered letter to the Controller's address, (or, in the case of the Newsletter, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option at the end of the publication, in which case you will be removed from the mailing list. )
We remind you that such revocation of consent does not invalidate the lawfulness of the processing carried out up to that point.
Exercising rights is, as a rule, free of charge, except in the case of a manifestly unfounded or excessive request, in which case a reasonable fee may be charged in view of the costs incurred for the request.
The information should be provided in writing, although it may be provided orally if requested. In this case CHÈRE-CHÈRE will verify your identity by other than oral means.
The response to requests should, as a general rule, be provided within a maximum of 30 days, unless the request is particularly complex or there are multiple requests.
Data Protection Officer
CHÈRE-CHÈRE has appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") with the following contact details:
João Miguel da Hora Alves
◗ Rua Carlos Manuel Amorim Gomes, nº91 4475-088 Maia - Porto